Newsroom
Return to blog

Poll Shows Young Adults Are The Entrepreneurship Generation

10:19 AM Nov 10, 2011

Today, Young Invincibles and the Kauffman Foundation released the results of a poll of young Americans and their entrepreneurial ambitions. The survey, conducted by Lake Research Partners and Bellwether-Research, reveals a striking interest among Millennials in starting businesses: 54% of young people either have already started a business, or would like to at some point in the future

Young Americans aged 18-34 are struggling with unemployment during these tough economic times; however in an economy that is not creating jobs for young people, they are increasingly looking to create their own. Young people from communities of color, hit hardest by the Recession, are particularly enthusiastic about starting a new business: 64% of young Latinos and 63% of young African-Americans would like to start their own business.

Despite this affinity toward entrepreneurship, many factors, particularly the current economic situation, are barriers to young Americans’ ability to start a business. 38% of young adults say they have delayed starting a business because of the economy. Getting a line of credit and feeling unprepared are examples of barriers to these young Americans pursuing their entrepreneurial dreams.  As a result, young Americans support ideas that allow them to pursue their goals of starting new businesses like student loan forgiveness and increase access to capital. 65% of young people think that Congress should prioritize making it easier to start a business.  The survey showed strong support for the following policies:

• 83% of young people think that Congress should, at the very least, make it easier to access loans to get started.
  • 81% support providing student loan relief as people start a business
  • 92% support increasing access to entrepreneurship education

The poll results demonstrate that young Americans possess an extraordinary amount of potential to create the jobs our country needs, both in high and low-tech industries, but are looking for leadership from Congress to remove barriers and help make those entrepreneurial dreams a reality.

Visit www.YouthEntrpreneurshipAct.com to check out some policy proposals put forth by Young Invincibles and Young Entrepreneurship Council to help young people start businesses.

body building course — 10:56 AM Sep 26, 2013

Nothing against the article, but I disagree with a couple of points to some extenct. I'm probably a minority though, lol. Thanks for sharing it on speak.younginvincibles.org .

Anonymous — 01:35 AM Dec 04, 2012

Should you have some sort of <a href="http://www.replicahatswholesale.com/">Winter hats wholesale</a> selection to show off, you may make the <a href="http://www.replicahatswholesale.com/">cheap hats</a> rack intended particularly to hold that. Regardless of whether you could have Only two as well as 30 <a href="http://www.replicahatswholesale.com/">hats wholesale</a> you can create various areas to hold them, thus all sizes and type carries a household.<br />

vxVgeEWKgG

iEdFQwcqLdi — 12:13 PM Sep 25, 2012

Hello!, I have a difficult time lonkoig for this writing, I am using it for my research,and I'm so happy because this post is amazing! please don't hesitate to write new interesting idea. Looking forward for your upcoming writings. Thank you, Good Luck!

vxVgeEWKgG

iEdFQwcqLdi — 12:13 PM Sep 25, 2012

Abercrombie Outlet

alinebeckyer — 02:37 AM May 04, 2012

Generally I do not post on blogs, - but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post.

blog

jater — 01:18 AM Mar 30, 2012

fgujw5euy5w3eu

promotion of website — 05:37 AM Jan 17, 2012

hello speak.younginvincibles.org and thank you for your info � I've certainly picked up anything new from right here I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective exciting content Ensure that you update this again soon

Millennial birth years

Comment — 02:48 PM Nov 10, 2011

Millennials were born between 1982 and 2002. Gen Xers were born between 1961 and 1981. Someone today (11/10/11) who is 30-34 years old is a Gen Xer -- not a Millennial.